Building on the 2012 Gateway Energy Roadmaps developed for customers participating in the Chicago Energy Retrofit Challenge, AECOM is developing and testing an improved Energy Roadmap process to help customers achieve facility energy savings.
The first phase of this pilot was a review of the 2012 Gateway Energy Road Maps developed for customers participating in the Chicago Energy Retrofit Challenge. AECOM reviewed the energy savings of participants and conducted interviews to see how future Energy Road Map efforts could be more effective.
The second phase of the project is to develop an improved Energy Roadmap process and engage with several facilities in Chicago to test the procedure. The improved Roadmap includes several features:
- Establishment of baseline energy use conditions
- Incorporation of past studies, capital plans, operating budgets, contracts and proposals
- Consideration and planning for capital investment constraints
- Alignment with ComEd® Energy Efficiency Programs
- Prioritization of energy efficiency projects
The goal of the pilot is to start customers on the path to achieving 20 percent facility energy savings over the next five years.